Pimento cheese is a southern staple but actually originated in the north. I know. I was shocked, too, but it’s a fascinating history that you can read here.
This particular pimento cheese is inspired by mamma Talbot’s famous version in the Liz Talbot Mystery series by Susan M. Boyer. I encourage you to enjoy it on crackers, a sandwich, with a spoon…
I’m a huge fan of this series and recommend it to any lover of cozy mysteries. You can hear my thoughts on the stories and the food in season 1, episode 4 of Feasting on Fiction.
“I took a bite of my sandwich and savored the rich marriage of five kinds of cheese, mayonnaise, and seven secret ingredients”Liz Talbot, Lowcountry Bombshell by Susan M. Boyer
Inspired by mamma Talbot and the fine folks of Stella Maris. This mixes up easily and is perfect for any occasion.
- ½ cup shredded mild cheddar
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar
- ½ cup shredded smoked cheddar
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz diced pimentos, drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoon Old Bay® Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- In large bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, Old Bay® Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, onion powder, and mustard powder until well combined.
- Fold in shredded cheeses.
- Fold in pimentos.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.