Stuffed mushrooms are a party staple for a reason. They are easy to prepare and the filling options are endless. Plus they’re fairly neat as far as finger foods go. The mushroom caps make a reasonably neutral vehicle for the filling and it’s easy to make vegetarian and vegan options.
These stuffed mushrooms were inspired by the “Inn Boonsboro Trilogy” by Nora Roberts. Our heroine/chef/restaurateur Avery prepares stuffed mushroom for a New Year’s Eve party.
Let me say just one thing… rinse your mushrooms. It’ll be fine. It’s so much easier than wiping them with a damp cloth (and more likely to actually remove all the dirt.) The brief amount of time they will be under water will not significantly affect them. As long as you don’t let them sit in water for a long time, they will not absorb enough water to matter. Make your life easier. Rinse the mushrooms.
Cheddar Ranch Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8oz (8-10) baby bella mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp ranch dip mix/seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine cream cheese, ranch seasoning, cheddar, and green onions.
- Fill each mushroom cap with filling (amount will vary due to mushroom size).
- Lay mushroom caps on baking sheet.
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temprature.
Increase the filling and put these into large portabella caps if you want something suitable for a meal. Serve them along side a nice green salad and you’ve got yourself a nice lunch or light dinner.